Writing is perhaps the greatest of human inventions, binding together people, citizens of distant epochs, who never knew one another. Books break the shackles of time ― proof that humans can work magic.
Once you get this you have to share 6 random facts about yourself and then tag 10 of your favorite followers:
1. Most of you probably know this, but I have an identical (or nearly identical) twin, and as much as we fight and argue about such insignificant things, he’s the best brother ever.
2. I like to pretend I’m good at guitar/singing, even though I know I’m not.
3. I really like traveling, photography, words, and space/sciency stuff. Those are just a few of the top few; I have a whole array of interests.
4. I have a college degree in Communication and a minor in Graphic Design and I currently have no idea what I want to do with my life (said almost everyone, ever). Yes, I’m one of those kids.
5. I dream every night, and I enjoy it, but the idea of falling asleep scares me.
6. And, most importantly, I’m a pretty big fan of Doctor Who.
Couldn’t make it to ten. Eight will have to do.
I’m folding clothes and laying in bed feeling like my body doesn’t even want to try and function. And since I can’t fall asleep this early, what’s on your mind tonight?
Things seem so far out of place that even the familiar is becoming foreign and I’m aware that I belong somewhere but that somewhere isn’t here.
There’s this vastness in my bones that craves nothing more than a life full of. meaning and understanding and love
Take me someplace where stars are endless in the night sky and all the common trivialities of life cease to exist.
This moment, like every other, is temporary. Things won’t always be like this. Remember that.
I would very much just like to find someone to talk to about anything and everything. And if they’d listen to me play guitar, that would be okay too.
—Carl Sagan (via ibuprofensandwhich)